Saturday, September 5, 2015

Disney World Parks - Gluten-Free Safe

Disney World Parks - Gluten-Free Safe
Enjoy Magic throughout the year

Ok…so I told myself I was never going to do this.  I mean, truly – Google "Disney Gluten-Free" and a ton of stuff comes up.  Everyone has a review of some restaurant at the park that they want to talk about.  But then I realized…that’s the point.  Most of the reviews are restaurants…and I generally don’t do those…probably because it’s nearly impossible to get everyone to sit down for more than 15 minutes when we’re doing the Parks.  Living only 1.5 hours away from the Mouse means we generally get to visit him quite often.  And since I’ve been Gluten-Free for years now I have to say I’ve watched the Disney World Parks improve by leaps and bounds.  Disney World is by far one of the Gluten-Free safest Parks to visit…and I can say that without any prodding from the Mouse.  I’ve stopped at the little Downtown Stores…and found treats clearly marked “Gluten-Free”…Yahoo!!  I’ve stopped at the Street Vendors to ask questions about their product and they generally know the answers :-)  I’ve stopped at their ‘Fast-Food’ style Eating Emporiums…lol…and been treated like royalty with quick, honest answers and knowledgeable staff!!  Dang!!

Whether it's a day with visiting family, a trip to support Gay Days, or just a weekend away with my girls and the grand kids, honestly, I have no fear when visiting any of the Disney Parks.  Last time we were there we stopped for lunch I think it was Pinocchio's Place.  Anyway, I just got in line with everyone else...and asked to know what was Gluten-Free and safe for me to eat.  Almost like magic a Manager appeared with a GF Menu for me to choose from.  She personally took my order, told me to NOT accept any food from anyone else but her took my order into the kitchen and re-appeared a few minutes later with my hot Mac n Cheese, Fresh Fruits and Brownie and a drink.  Then because she felt the Brownie was still too cold she also gave me a free Chocolate Chip Cookie to hold me over...lol.  I don't know how my prices compared to anyone else's...but seriously, when I can receive such individual attention and enjoy a safe meal...I really don't care if I have to pay a bit more for it.  So if you're planning a Disney Day, go ahead and pack a treat or two just to make yourself feel better - but don't worry at all about enjoying a snack or meal with your family in any of Disney's establishments...no reservations needed!!

Carolanne LeBlanc

Meeting:  4th Saturday of every month except December
               Imperial Palms, East Clubhouse
               101 Imperial Palm Drive
               Largo, Florida  33771

No comments:

Post a Comment