Saturday, November 21, 2015

Gluten-Free & Allergen Friendly Wellness Event, Jacksonville FL

Gluten & Allergen Free Wellness Event



Just recently, a friend and I drove 4 hours to go to the Gluten-Free Allergen Friendly Wellness event in Jacksonville Florida.  I normally like to make it a get-away weekend…get a hotel room for two nights, drive over on Friday and then home again on Sunday.  Then I relax and spend the entire day Saturday at the event, wandering the Vendors tables, listening to the Speakers, making new connections, wandering the Vendors tables again :-)  If I can, I leave Saturday night open to getting together with others from the event for dinner.  People that I’ve chatted with, Speakers, even an occasional Vendor…we’ve all got to eat! lol
If you’ve ever asked if it was worth it to travel to one of these Gluten-Free Events my answer is always a resounding ‘yes’!  Personally, I love going to the events.  Mostly to be able to stand in a room filled with hundreds, if not thousands, of people who totally understand what I live through every day.  They get it!  And I get to talk to them, meet people face to face who know what it’s like to monitor every bite, read every label, research every new product. I’m not a shy person, I love to start a conversation.
If you ever see me at an event please stop and say hi!  I would love to talk with you.  I remember my very first Gluten-Free event…I had no clue what to expect.  When I saw the convention hall filled with nearly 1,500 people I was in awe! I spent so much time talking to people that I never even got around to trying any of the samples.  Thank goodness my daughter was with me…she filled my bag with all kinds of goodies for me to try later.  Back in the hotel room it was like opening up a treasure when she dumped the bag out so we could go through it.



This past event had some great speakers too!  Jenna Drew (DoTerra), Jennifer Cuevas (Gluten & Grain Free Gourmet), Dana Martin (ABC Gluten-Free), Julia Mcrae, (Certified Nutritionist), Beth Mincher (Elemental Wellness), Jennifer Eccleston (Jen Tilly Tea), and Nikki Everett (GFAF Wellness Events)  Real people who walk and talk my lifestyle.  Real people who are available to have a conversation with, or join for dinner, or ask questions of and receive honest, down to earth answers in simple English.
Another reason for going to a Gluten-Free event is of course the new products and services!  Even those huge national manufacturers will often use these events to introduce new, never been seen in stores, product. Brand new, small, local businesses looking for loyal customers will be there eager to show off their ideas.  In Jacksonville I found several, new to me companies, with products I just love!  Cookies from Caly’sKitchen, sauces from H & B Gourmet Foods, paleo snacks from InBite, simmer sauces from Saffron Road, burger buns from SmartBaking, and gravies from ZiZi’s Gourmet Gravy…a company so new they don’t even have a website yet.  
So at the end of the day I wandered the tables again, picking up anything I might have missed and buying products that I truly wanted to try at home. And if you purchase in bulk you can often get the best deal around. Vendors are more than happy to see you carrying out all their product just so they don’t have to!



If you're looking for a Celiac Friendly or Gluten-Free event in your area check here:  Gluten-Free for Life Expo  And don't be afraid to travel a bit to attend one of these great events!




CarolAnne Le Blanc



Gluten-Free for Life is a section 501(c)3 charitable organization.
All gifts and donations are tax deductible in accordance with law

"A Copy of the Official Registration and Financial Information may be obtained from the Division of Consumer Services by calling toll-free within the state. Registration does not imply endorsement, approval, or recommendation by the state."  
1-800-Help-Fla (435-7352)  Www.Floridaconsumerhelp.Com

1 comment:

  1. Yes, I agree these are always worth traveling to. My first one I traveled the 4 hours your direction to the St. Pete last year and will be again this coming March. I wish that I could have attended my hometown one here in Jacksonville, but scheduling didn't permit it. I was lucky enough to run into Dana Martin from ABC Gluten-Free at Whole Foods the night before the event and to follow your blog so that I get the highlights of what I missed. Thank you, I will share it with my FB group Gluten Free - On The Road, I think it is a great reminder that these Expos are well worth a road trip.

    ReplyDelete